If the video does not play, please try refreshing your browser.
Try this fabulous summer drink created by Michael Elvin, Barista Retail Manager and self-confessed Coffee Nerd. It’s crisp and refreshing with lime and a hint of chocolate. Perfect for a summer afternoon…
1) Add to a 16oz. glass:
- 4 tsp. dark muscavado sugar (adds great rum flavor to drink – any dark brown sugar will work)
- 2 1/4 inch half-rounds of lime
- 4-5 fresh mint leaves
3) Fill glass with ice. Add seltzer to glass, leaving 3/4 inch room at top.
5) Pull a double shot of espresso. Add to glass.
6) Stir thoroughly, bringing up ingredients from bottom of glass.
7) Garnish with slice of lime and sprig of fresh mint. Serve.
Alternative ideas: The Espresso Mojito can be made using cold coffee concentrate rather than hot shots of espresso. A simple syrup sugar solution may also be used instead of solid sugar granules. Try adding a shot of rum for a delicious summer cocktail!